Happy New Year!!
2015 is coming to an end in only a few ours. Let’s remember all the positive and beautiful moments that where a part of this year:
- 2 spectacular Blue whale sightings in March and April,
- We had an uncommon Curvier Beaked whale sighting,
- Our World Ocean Week (WOW) in June,
- In the Summer we had a reencounter with an old friend, a tropical whale named by “Corcunda” by us, because of his huge “humpback”. We where happy to see that he is still alive,
- In September we successfully rescued an injured turtle, we shortly wrote about it on our Blog,
- We had fantastic sighting rates this year: Ribeira Brava 95,5% and Stenella 96,5%,
- These great sighting rates where the product of the work of our spotters, this year we added a new spotter to the team: welcome Belmiro!
- Lots of happy guests, many of them coming for the 2nd, 3rd,… time,
- Our new snorkeling with dolphins trips brought back many smiling faces,
- The breaching Humpback whale right before our “house”,
- Bendine, a very dear intern, and Maik came back.. and the next trip for them will be made by a 3 member family,
- Beautiful Pilot whale sightings, do you remember the Blog “Dance card”?
- Thank you to everyone who left such nice comments on TripAdvisor,
- Do you remember the Champagne tour on the 24th of April? 3 Sperm whales, followed by 1 Fin whale, right before the Blue whale and on our way back 7 Sperm whales?
- All the visits from such important organizations as Sea Shepherd, thank you for your work and dedication towards the animals,
- Thank you to everyone who keeps in touch and always send us important information and themes to talk about,
- The acquisition of a SUP, for fun crew moments,
- We are also very proud of our new website, lots of work ad love where put into it.
And what are our goals for 2016?
- Generally speaking we want to be better than in 2015,
- Making more guests happy,
- New Designs for Lobosondas crew uniforms, as well as new souvenirs made by us,
- We really would like to have an Orca sighting,
- Spend more time on scientific work,
- Start new campaigns regarding our “blue office”: the Ocean,
- We wish ourselves lots of fantastic encounters with cetaceans and all sea creatures,
What kind of experiences did you have with Lobosonda? We will be happy to hear about them in the comments, as well as your thoughts for 2016. Take part on our new years resolutions and complete this post with comments. Lobosonda wishes you a fantastic 2016 on land and out on the sea. Thank you!